Sony RX100 VI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not really interesting from an underwater photography perspective - it's like RX100V and HX90V had a baby, but like all superzooms, the extending lens makes it incompatible with underwater housings. At best, you could maybe put it in a housing with a short port that will avoid vignetting at the short end and limit the long end to 70-100mm before the lens bumps into it - but at that point, why bother? Just get a model V and save $250.

I agree that the RX 100VI offers little or nothing over the V for underwater use. On the bright side, release of the VI seems to be causing the price of the V to drop. B&H is selling the V for $898 and throwing in a $50 gift card plus an extra $37 battery. Or you can do like i recently did and pick up the V via Greentoe for even less.

Due to the "superzoom", they are also abandoning the F1.8. It's one (if not the only) compact camera capable of that bokeh (I'm talking about the on land usage) and they get rid of it. Bad move, the M5 is better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom