Sony Underwater housing for A7/7R

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

another link had the price @ $2500...hope that's wrong.

Let's see what Nauticam comes up with. $2500 does seem steep. Do you have that link?

The $2500.00 price point was the result of the translation which showed the price at 2000 HKD, this would be a little over $250.00 which is not at all correct. It appears what they intended was 20,000 HKD or around $2500.00 which is much more in line with current pricing. Keep in mind that this is a housing for a $2300.00 camera and would be priced accordingly both because of R&D costs and limited numbers of sales for a camera with no good U/W lenses at this time. The housing does have at least one dial on the top front near the shutter release. Interchangeable ports but not yet known which lenses will be supported because we don't know what lenses are coming. Because of the chip size expect large lenses compared to M43/NEX which will require a larger port mount. I am sure that the current Nauticam Mini (mirror less) port mount will be to small and the standard DSLR mount will be more in line with what will be needed. This will make the overall size of the housing and the ports needed closer to DSLR size than to M43/NEX size. I would guess at least 200mm dome if not more for wide lenses (AOV's) that could be used with the 170mm domes for M43/NEX.

Phil Rudin

Seems a rather odd thing for them to bring out but I think would be okay for the Japanese market. A7 is only $1800-2000

alien,

A7r-$2300.00 A7-$1700.00 in the US. I think you ment 8.6cm not mm for the 50 macro lens length, not being on the metric system I could be wrong. Looking at the photos of the Zeiss 50mm macro posted on the internet it appears to me that the lens is more like 110+mm looking quite large on the NEX cameras.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom