Sooo, are the reefs opening back up 12/15?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisM

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
scuba Club posting on social media that they’ve been told the reefs are opening back up 12/15? True?

And, if so, what is it that is supposed to be occurring in these 8-9 weeks to restore the damaged coral? Given how long it takes coral to grow excuse me for being, uh, skeptical about this whole thing.

Maybe / hopefully someone can enlighten me

scuba Club posting on social media that they’ve been told the reefs are opening back up 12/15? True?

And, if so, what is it that is supposed to be occurring in these 8-9 weeks to restore the damaged coral? Given how long it takes coral to grow excuse me for being, uh, skeptical about this whole thing.

Maybe / hopefully someone can enlighten me

Having another 2 months worth of catastrophic conditions current dive reports won't exactly boost the share price of any of the local dive related businesses, will it? Gotta keep all those 'high-season' priced dive trip packages from last minute cancellations, no news is good news.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom