Sorry to do this again, but life insurance...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

din7

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I tried searching, and all I could find was a thread about five years old. Can I get some recommendations for decent life insurance coverage for divers?

Check out DAN.

Diver Alert Network. They offer divers insurance, as well as a host of other services. Both medical insurance and a payout upon death.

DAN's (DAN is not a life insurance co.) life insurance offering is not competitive. I wouldn't even consider it. It's 5 year renewable term, fully underwritten and expensive.

If you are not doing any overhead or technical diving most major companies will not penalize you for being a diver. Some companies are more favorable than others. For example, some will offer their preferred rates to those who qualify down to 130 ft. while others have depth limits to say 70 ft.

If you want to PM me I'd be happy to talk more specifically about what companies to consider and help steer anyone in the right direction.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom