Source for Apeks TX-100 1/2" LP port plugs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

large_diver,

I contacted myscuba from eBay, who has 1/2" plugs in stock, and bought direct. They are not genuine Apeks, but work in mine! I bought a few at once.

My only complaint is that the hex key fitting is imperial, and the rest of the Apeks plugs use a metric hex key, so you need two different hex keys for your regulator.

Not sure where to get genuine port plugs if the hex key sizing is important.

Thanks -- I just saw those guys today based on a PM someone sent me, although I agree that the Metric/Imperial issue is enough to make me look for another source. Not sure why these things are so hard to find. None of the LDS around here seem to have plugs this size. Some of it may have to do with the fact that (1) the TX-100 is no longer sold in the US; and (2) the regs don't come with this plug, since the primary hose comes installed in that port.

I thought I had found a local source on Friday after calling them and being assured over the phone that they had these plugs (this is an authorized Apeks dealer). The tech took my reg. into the back and then came back scratching his head and asking whether this was "some sort of European model" since he had never seen this size port before and that the instructor who was present has 2 TX-100s had never seen a port this size before.......the same general scenario occurred at the LDS where I bought it.....

If these people took 5 seconds to understand the products they sell......perhaps they would sell more....

I sent an e-mail today to Apeks asking for a source....

...but SimplyScuba and DiveInn don't stock them. Dunno.

I think I fitted mine using a 4mm hex key - it was tight, but did the trick. My hex keys have a "ball" on one end that allows you to use them on an angle - I found that this works for installing/removing, but it's not the perfect size.

large_diver once bubbled...
Does anyone out there have a reliable source for port plugs for the Apeks TX-100 1/2" LP port? This is the port that the primary hose normally comes out of.

Thanks.

Have your local Apeks dealer order AP1487 (the plug) and AP1410 (the o-ring). Surely they can place an order and get that part right.

Well, I dont know which shop you went into Large_Diver, but ECD out in Framingham has some 1/2" port plugs for you.

They are Dacor, and they are cheap. We have about 1,000 of them from some of the old regs. They are just sitting here and collecting dust. Anyone wants them, they are $2.50 a piece.

If you order the Apeks ones, through AQ, they retail for $9.50. Definitely way overpriced IMO just because they are APEKS...

The Dacor ones will work, and the only difference is the allen key to get them out is a little bigger for the Apeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom