South African assistance please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all

I was going to start up a similar thread on this subject, so I thought I'd rather just ask in this one if that's ok with everyone.

We will be in SA in May and once we leave Cape Town we will have about 2 weeks. We are planning to rent a car and see a friend north of Joburg and then head to Kruger for a few days. After that we will have around 3/4 days to either drive to Sodwana or Mozambique to see the sights on the way and get in a couple of days diving. Is this possible or am I seriously underestimating the amount of time it will take to drive? I've heard in the past that Sodwana is a 4/5 hour drive from Joburg(?), although I've not been able to find any good info on travel times in South Africa. Should I assume that Mozambique is more difficult to drive around? Budget is not a serious problem as long as it's not 5 star all the way!!

Sorry lots of questions, but any help would be appreciated.

Cheers, Simon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom