South Florida Dive Boats - last update 5/2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got back from Key Largo and dove with a few different boats, incl Conch Republic. They are a good operation, but my favorite by far was Scuba Do Http://www.scuba-do.com/.

The boat carries a max of 10 divers so there is plenty of space. It's designed so the crew carries your BC/Tank to the platform and slips it over your shoulders. Then you take your giant stride. Coming aboard, they take the BC off and change tanks for you. Dive briefs are very good and include Captain Tony's favorite way to dive the site.

Any time I hit the surface, Divemaster Laurie was watching, and one time they even moved to a closer mooring after we surfaced a half mile away for our mid dive orientation. They really work hard to make the trip fun, and they're great people.

John

Xenoendorphine:
There are many good dive boats that I have been on...however a dive boat that I would choose over any other dive boat...dive with Conrad or Conch Republic Divers http://www.conchrepublicdivers.com (if you are down in the Upper Keys. Each dive boat treats you like family or at least as a dear friend. My only disappointment is that Conrad has stopped taking Tech divers out. It is a true loss to Florida divers. My confidence is with Conrad...Question what I say?...If you are diving this Saturday afternoon...see you on the Guy Harvey with Conrad!

Plan your dive and dive your plan. Best wishes to you and yours.
Dr. B. Shane Robinson
(aka Xenoendorphine)

I have to questions. The first is have you ever heard of Silent World in Key Largo and are they a good dive operator, and second I am looking for a shark dive were the feed the sharks while you sit on the bottom and watch.

Which dive charts, in the fort lauderdale/pompano beach area, are the least restrictive?

I've gotten spoiled over the years by using dive charters that allow solo diving, dont require solo divers to take a dive flag and dont limit your bottom time.

Kirin, I just went out with SeaDwellers and they were great, its a big boat but you get really personal service and theyre friendly. I highly recommend them. As far as price, I went with my instructor and he got a group deal through the Holiday Inn there, the boat docks right next to it, so its a short walk.

Fire_medic_RescueDiver:
I have to questions. The first is have you ever heard of Silent World in Key Largo and are they a good dive operator...

I dove with Silent World a couple of times over the last three years and they were great. The boat and crew were super. They are now under new ownership so I don't know whether any of that has changed.

i hit up the american dream outta pier 66 in lauderdale, just on the east side of the causeway bridge, good crew, we hit up the scutti, and tracey a lot plus different reefs. check out their site at scubafortlauderdale.com.

I am trying two new operations in a couple of weeks. South Florida Diving on 8/18, and The Scuba Club on 8/22. I'll post after the trip.

Just came back from Key Largo and had the opportunity to dive with Silent World. Had a great experience! They were very accomodating and didn't rush us in or out of the water. I would highly recommend them if you are looking for a smaller 14 person max boat.

I agree on Silent World, Captain was nice and so was the DM...oh but then again cubanismo u know...cus i was there with you ;P

Nice bunch of people to be with and they took our large group with a smile :)

Just returned from Fort Lauderdale where we did a few dives with Idivestarfish which is located up around Lantana. The first day several people canceled and my wife and I were the only divers on the 16 passenger boat. Pretty sweet.

The next day there were three other divers and two bubble watchers. Still very nice.

The dives were drift dives and we were given dive flags to carry which was a first for us. The visisbility wasn't great due to the heavy rains they had for several days prior to our visit (about 25 ft) but the reef was very nice.

One thing to note is that the reef is pretty much all at 50 feet or deeper and we found that we needed to end our second dives early due to running into the no decompression limits. We dove on air and had about a 1 hr SI but had to come up with about 900+ psi after 48 minutes. Next time we may do one of the dives on nitrox.

One of the divers used nitrox and a 100 cf tank and was down for 85+ minutes and there was no objection by the captain.

Captain Craig was great! I highly recommend this operator.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom