• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

South Florida Pawn Shops

Discussion in 'Florida' started by opie712, Jul 2, 2013.

1. opie712

opie712 Contributor

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    [QUOTELejune pawn in Miami is always advertising for is used dive gear.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I'll check them out

2. iluvtheocean

iluvtheocean Solo Diver

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    most of the posts for craigslist here seems to be for AL80 or LP steel -- i'm still looking for a couple steel 100's or larger with either convertible valves or like -- most of the HP's i've been seeing lately are just din and not sure if i want to spend the extra $ to change the valve.. or do you think it might be worth it?

3. timg

timg Professional Photographer

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    I have 2 tanks for sale. AL 80 and a AL 100. pristine condition, just visual inspected by Warren at Scuba Outlet and filled with Nitrox 36.
    PM me if interested.

4. Tom Winters

Tom Winters Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    Lejeune Pawn - map that one out carefully. It's near MIA and the whole area is a little not-so-hot.

5. tddfleming

tddfleming Contributor

[You got that right. Was lost down there alon e one night at midnight trying to pick husband up from airport. QUOTE=Tom Winters;6803459]Lejeune Pawn - map that one out carefully. It's nearMIA and the whole area is a little not-so-hot.[/QUOTE]

6. iluvtheocean

iluvtheocean Solo Diver

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    any others farther north ?

7. opie712

opie712 Contributor

Yea that's what I'm worried about it will be my wife me our small child and baby sitter don't wanna run into any trouble

8. leoconnor

leoconnor Contributor

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I used to work on NW 36th many years ago. We used to walk across the street to get breakfast. One morning there was a yellow tarp with an unfortunate soul underneath it. Made me realize that I should seriously rethink working late hours in that area.

I would find a better location to shop. Just my .02 centavos..

9. Splash-X

Splash-X Dive Con

Are you sure they are just DIN and that the current owner didn't just remove the block that converts them? The majority of valves are the convertible and you would just need to source the small part to convert back.

10. LowVizWiz

LowVizWiz Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: None - Not Certified
    I have a Faber 117 in it's second hydro, current VIP, filled with 32%, DIN/Yoke convertible ProValve that I'd be willing to sell. Make me an offer!