southern GBR diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dvh

Reaction score
Hello

I dived with Mike Ball to the cod hole back in 2002 and had a wonderfull time. This time a friend and I will be staying in the southern part of the Qld and are seeking input on a couple of dive companies we have located there as a potential to book. The first is Salty's and the other is Auzzie Al's. Both operate out of Bundaberg. Salty's actually has a three day cruise/liveaboard trip, while Auzzie's appears to be a day trip company. I would welcome any comments from those who have dived with either/or both of these companies, especially from divers that have dived on northern GBR liveaboards and as well as the aforementioned Bundy companies.

Also any other companies that could be recommended are welcomed as well. Ideally we are looking for a liveaboard trip for three days.

Thanks
David

Hiya,

Aussie Al's is a day boat only, Salty's has a liveaboard. There is also 1770 Undersea Adventures and a few others for what you want to do.

Go to www.underwater.com.au for detailed info on all liveabords in this area - some of them (Saltys, 1770UA and Oceania Dive) offer significant discounts if you are an underwater.com.au club member.

Hope that helps.

See you underwater ...

I did the Salty's liveaboard when I was in Oz in 2002. Definitely worth doing. I enjoyed the southern GBR more then Cod hole. The reef was in much better shape although the water is a bit cooler.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom