Southern Mozambique - Tofo Location Guide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donsilcock

Contributor
Reaction score
I have just completed a major update to the Tofo location guide on my site with all the information on the dive sites updated and new image galleries added.

Here is the link to the intro page - just follow the links at the bottom of each page (or use the menu bar) to navigate around:

Diving Mozambique: Tofo's Incredible Mega Fauna

This is my favorite image from my trip to Tofo:

Attachments

• Moz_10_Nov_D08_188_crop.jpg
    Moz_10_Nov_D08_188_crop.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 205
I have been to Tofo and recommend it. The dive sights are diverse and having done most dives in the Pacific and Caribbean, there were some new fish species and variations to enjoy. The whale sharks are a bonus : found on the way to dive sights. I actually enjoyed the manta action more since I run an annual charter to do whale sharks in Mexico. We also spotted a dugong on the way to a dive. At the time I went all the sights were named using reference from Harry Potter.

Mozambique is struggling to rebuild and making progress so it needs our tourism - So Go! We had a wonderful cabin high up a dune and we could buy fish from the fishing boats and fruit at the local shack market. When I went the restaurant at Tofo Divers was really good and very cheap. Great showers, friendly, and they picked us up. The boat was launched from the beach so you had to help push then jump in. It was a bit hard on the cameras. They used hard bottom inflatables so no fancy seats and racks. We beached hard a few times when coming back. The Wild West aspects were part of the fun and memories but luxury travelers should be warned.

Be prepared to bring some pantry food, TP, milk etc because it can be hard to find and expensive and you will have to travel out of TOfo to get it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom