Southern Queensland / Northern NSW in Jan/Feb?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agree with everyone's comments on Julian Rocks. I'll add that the town of Byron Bay may be the hippest place on the planet.

Can anyone describe the quality of diving at the above mentioned dive sites in november, including marine life? For example, the description given here states that leopard sharks and manta rays are seen in summer and early autumn. And for november, are there any general considerations regarding diving in Brisbaine vs. Cairns areas?

Just check out

Sun dive Byron bay's face book page and scroll back to November
Also check out Blue bay divers facebook page
or search instagram #Julianrocks #Flindersreef

Just check out

Sun dive Byron bay's face book page and scroll back to November
Also check out Blue bay divers facebook page
or search instagram #Julianrocks #Flindersreef
Thanks! But I'd like to hear from divers.

GC/Tweed Coast sites that come to mind

- Cook Island (Tweed Coast)
- 9 Mile Reef (Tweed Coast)
- The Spit/GC Seaway (shore dive!)
- Scottish Prince Wreck
- Various smaller reefs around the GC, Migaloo, Palm Beach, Kirra etc.

Hi, you have a huge range of dives to choose from, I would recommend checking out Julian Rocks as noted by many, wonderful dive site, I have dived with all operators, all were fine.
Tweed Seasports will give you a great day at Cook Island or of you are lucky 9 mile reef. The diving out of the Seaway and surrounding reefs is hit and miss, the shore dive can really turn it on, but the current and the low vis can really turn some people off. In this part of the world Summer is beautiful, but it brings Northerly winds and with them comes dirty water, not so much fun.
North Stradbroke Island is great diving, Manta Bommie is an awesome dive this time of year and worth the trip.
HMAS Brisbane is worth a look.
Moreton Bay has some good diving, can't say I have ever been, Flinders reef looks wonderful.
A little further north you have Wolf Rock, its a great dive.
In the south Solitary Islands are nice.
Fish Rock cave is a must do and I can highly recommend South west rocks dive centre.
Have fun.

Back
Top Bottom