Southwest airlines to begin Cayman flights June 2017

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like they are loading some discount fares to get things started. Sample round trip from FLL to GCM from $250.29 with the Wanna Get Away fare. Nice.

This is great! I just wish they would add a flight out of Houston Hobby to GCM. Oh, and Cozumel from Hobby!

They do fly to Cancun, but as a diver, I don't have much interest in Cancun... been there, done that.

Will the international SW flights also have free checked baggage? I love me some free checked baggage...

Richard.
Yes. All our flights, both international and domestic offer 2 bags for free. (Subject to weight and size restrictions)

I have a flight booked to Puerto Vallarta in May. Apparently they were booking flights but didn't yet have permission to land at PVR. I hope they do for GCM :wink:

Perhaps they will have something for me later in the year. Ontario (ONT) recently regained local control and rumor has it that Southwest will be offering more flights soon possibly even Hawai'i.

Thanks to SWA's free checked bags policy we will probably be bringing some empty checked bags to fill up with stuff in PV :wink: Hopefully Trump won't impose any new import taxes before then.

I just did some searching around over the weekend out of curiosity, and it appears at least in the August timeframe, Southwest has added an early am non-stop flight from HOU to FLL on Saturdays that gets you there in plenty of time to catch the flight to GCM. The RT fare was cheaper than United's direct flight from IAH too and gets in early enough to catch earlier Cayman Express flights to LC.

I just did some searching around over the weekend out of curiosity, and it appears at least in the August timeframe, Southwest has added an early am non-stop flight from HOU to FLL on Saturdays that gets you there in plenty of time to catch the flight to GCM. The RT fare was cheaper than United's direct flight from IAH too and gets in early enough to catch earlier Cayman Express flights to LC.

It looks like I'm going to have to mentally prepare myself for a very long trip on a lot of different airplanes. On other flights to the Caribbean and Central America via SWA it sounds like we would have to book two separate flights and spend the night in Houston :confused:

Yeah, but you get those cheap and easy flights to Hawaii to make up for it.

Back
Top Bottom