Southwest into Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blue steal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone used Southwest recently flying into Cancun? I have heard they are using the new Terminal 4.
Does the ADO bus have a station there or do they stop at T4? In the past we have flown into T3 and it was easy to either get CVchief's private van guy or get on the ADO bus.

ADO reportedly does go to T4. Flightstats.com shows Southwest going to Terminal 4.

I don't fly Southwest. They have a window issue.

Used the ADO last month in the evening go to Playa. Boarded at terminal 3 at 8:30 PM and then did the circuit to T1 then T2 then departed to Playa and arrived at 9:45 PM (same as in the past).
I suspect that T4 is the last stop inbound and first pickup then it doubles back to its original route. The published trip time seems to be from the last pickup to Playa, not if you are picked up at another terminal. From T3 it's 1:15 to Playa from T4 I would expect 1:25 and the departure would be about 20-25 minutes prior to published times.

I can confirm the ADO stop at T4.

We flew into CzM, so I can't discuss the route.

On our very slow trip in, (nearly 1 1/2 hours), we stopped at, in order, 1, 4, 2, 3.

Last edited:
Has anyone used Southwest recently flying into Cancun? I have heard they are using the new Terminal 4.
Does the ADO bus have a station there or do they stop at T4? In the past we have flown into T3 and it was easy to either get CVchief's private van guy or get on the ADO bus.

I flew Southwest the end of December and we went into the new Terminal 4, which is a very nice terminal and big upgrade. I don't use ADO, so I can't speak to that. I always use Playa del Carmen Tours, Activities and Excursions and enjoy walking out of the terminal to a smiling face, my name on a placard and whisked directly to a waiting private van. If traveling in a small group, it is definitely the way to go, in my opinion and can save a considerable amount of time.

ADO reportedly does go to T4. Flightstats.com shows Southwest going to Terminal 4.

I don't fly Southwest. They have a window issue.
Not funny.

Came back yesterday and it was T4,T2 and T3. There was not an empty seat on the bus. The bus had originated in Tulum and was almost full when it arrived. All the other times I have taken the bus it was empty when I got on in Playa. There was another airport bus at the station, it must have been the normal one.
Cab drivers were trying to get me to take a shared cab for 200 Peso. Never done that so I was a little leery to try it.

Came back yesterday and it was T4,T2 and T3. There was not an empty seat on the bus. The bus had originated in Tulum and was almost full when it arrived. All the other times I have taken the bus it was empty when I got on in Playa. There was another airport bus at the station, it must have been the normal one.
Cab drivers were trying to get me to take a shared cab for 200 Peso. Never done that so I was a little leery to try it.

Because our trip was so, so slow, I'm going to take a real hard look at the alternatives. By the time we arrived at T3, I was snarling at anything and everyone. which of course, makes the wife happy, which of course ......

200 pesos would be an irresistible price to me.

We luv SW. The BWI CUN route sometimes has the new planes and sometimes they even have rafts. With a companion pass and drink coupons, I am good to go!

Besides, I think it would be a mountain anyway....

109f89a8f1865a530f7b9c25bb5d9c77.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom