Southwest To Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I asked whether the times posted are of arrivals or departures but so far there has been no response.
Departures.
1.JPG
2.JPG

I asked whether the times posted are of arrivals or departures but so far there has been no response.

I assumed that "On the return, 9am and 2:55pm." meant return from Cozumel to Houston.

Don removed the necessity to assume.

Ok, I "deduced". Don did what anyone that really wanted to know could have done.

The longer the MAX is out of service the less certain the schedules will be for any of it's operators in Q1/2 of 2020

I don't know about you but I'll be checking the airplanes for my scheduled flights and if there is a 737 MAX involved I'll be booking something else. AND, if the passage I booked is changed to incorporate a 737 MAX I'll be requesting a refund because I not only booked transport from A to B but also booked based on the planes I would be flying on. The airlines can't argue with that as it is not the service I booked if they change planes on me. I don't care what flight control software upgrade is eventually approved... that plane is not sound and we are learning that Boeing knew about it a long time ago. As of today there is a call to replace the Boeing CEO and all members on the Board of Directors. Every plane that is certified to fly by the FAA IS NOT CERTIFIED BY THE FAA but by 3rd party flight engineering firms that are hired and paid by the airplane manufactures to certify their latest plane is safe to fly and their results are submitted to the FAA and other global authorities for review and approval.

Bottom line, the 737 MAX was stretched beyond the limits of a sound airworthy airplane and Boeing can put all the flight control software fixes in they wish to try and keep it flying in the air safely. I'll never set foot in one of them. For those who think some certified software fix is good enough that gets approved by the FAA, help yourselves and hope there isn't a power outage that renders that flight control system worthless as you're flying in a rock.

You can request all you want - and I suspect in the case of MAX they will not force anyone to fly on it - but I'll bet your contract of carriage does not guarantee you any transport on any specific equipment no matter what your flight details said when you booked.

Back
Top Bottom