SP G250 jam nut

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd like 4 possibly 8, need to check. The base needs to be round though not hex.
Round and flared like this?

Halcyon halo nut:

upload_2021-2-17_7-42-46.jpeg

I'm wondering if a ss washer does the trick? Yeah, Simon's OCD can't handle that... A proper shaped one would be favorable. Watching this...

The nut in the picture from open water diver is the Halcyon nut. That nut will not work on a G250. The flared shoulder is too big. In my possession I have 4 G250V's, 3 G250's and 6 of the Halcyon nuts for the G250V's.

The OD of the flared shoulder on the Halcyon nut is .895"
The wrench flats on the Halcyon nuts is .667".
The Halcyon nut is .500" thick.
The points on the wrench flats are .743" (widest points).
The OD of the splined nut for the G250 is .743" and is .75" thick.
A typical nut with the 9/16 thread is .870 on the wrench flats, .992 at the points.
The Halcyon nuts will not screw down on to the G250 because the .895 flare is took large, it hits the exhaust tee.
If you flip the nut over, the nut will clear and tighten down correctly.

IMO, the nut needs to have wrench flats of .667", points of .743" and be .375" thick.

I am not sure why the base of the nut needs to be round (flare) and not a typical hex shape.

Attachments

• Nuts.jpg
    Nuts.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 54
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom