Spam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquaoren

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Who else is being spammed by Nocturnal Lights, a paying advertiser here in Scubaboard?
It's done under the banner of "a special offer for Scubaboard members"
It's a disgrace in my opinion that the board management allows for something like that. There are plenty of businesses present here on the board but it's the first time that something like that happens to me.

Have a look at your options settings. If you have the box checked for receiving the newsletter, industry news, and periodic mailings then I believe that this would fall under that.

aquaoren:
Who else is being spammed by Nocturnal Lights, a paying advertiser here in Scubaboard?
It's done under the banner of "a special offer for Scubaboard members"
It's a disgrace in my opinion that the board management allows for something like that. There are plenty of businesses present here on the board but it's the first time that something like that happens to me.
This is the second time. Its because you joined up for one of the SB contests.

Details here
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=122442&highlight=Nocturnal

Ah yes....I was just going to add that but Jeff beat me to it!

Kim:
Have a look at your options settings. If you have the box checked for receiving the newsletter, industry news, and periodic mailings then I believe that this would fall under that.
Not checked...

aquaoren:
BTW, trying to work on becomming a moderator? :eyebrow:
Yea....Its on the top of my list of things to do. That way I will be able to get back into the DIR section.

aquaoren:
Not checked...
No....my information was probably not correct....Jeff's is.

When people agreed to the terms and conditions of the SB contests they had to check a special box oif they didn't want to receive promotional stuff from the competition sponsors. I remember the discussion about that now from the first time it happened a few months ago.
I believe that in future SB competitions the intention is to change the default setting so that you are NOT subscribed unless you actively choose to be.

Kim:
No....my information was probably not correct....Jeff's is.

When people agreed to the terms and conditions of the SB contests they had to check a special box oif they didn't want to receive promotional stuff from the competition sponsors. I remember the discussion about that now from the first time it happened a few months ago.
I believe that in future SB competitions the intention is to change the default setting so that you are NOT subscribed unless you actively choose to be.
Yes, I realized it after reading Jeff's link. Must have missed the opt out option when registering to the contest...
Still sucks. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom