Spare Parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divin'Papaw

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Tobin,

Do you offer spare parts for sale for your wings? I'm thinking of the washer/o-ring where the inflator hose connects to the wing. I'm not sure which one you use as I haven't removed my before. I was also thinking about the "buttons" that hold the wing to the backplate. They work great and I haven't had any problems with mine, but I was thinking the other day how it would really suck if one broke on me on a dive outing. I was thinking of getting a couple to put in my save-a-dive kit.

How do we best go about getting that kind of miscellaneous stuff?

If I understand what you are talking about by buttons they are called sex bolts. I have them in stainless and plastic, the stainless is much more durable. The metal ones are 8.50 each and the plastic ones are 1.10 . I can also get you the washer, just need to know which wing you have. I am working on a new web page that will have all this stuff listed on thereas I have time to add it. My old page doesn't have any of the new product lines.

Adding these to your save a dive kit is a great idea. You may even want to add a spare LP inflator so if yours gives you a problem you can just switch it out. That should keep you going with most BC problems. My save a dive kit has grown to almost the size of my dive kit.

Let me know if I can help you out with any of this.
Brent

By button I mean the elastomeric dohickies that hold the DSS 30lb LCD wing to the DSS backplate. They are not metal but a very durable type of rubber that allows the wing to be quickly attached and then removed from the BP. It is actually a very nice design.

The suggestion of adding a spare LP inflator is a good one. They are pretty easy to replace aren't they?

Divin'Hoosier:
Tobin,

Do you offer spare parts for sale for your wings? I'm thinking of the washer/o-ring where the inflator hose connects to the wing. I'm not sure which one you use as I haven't removed my before. I was also thinking about the "buttons" that hold the wing to the backplate. They work great and I haven't had any problems with mine, but I was thinking the other day how it would really suck if one broke on me on a dive outing. I was thinking of getting a couple to put in my save-a-dive kit.

How do we best go about getting that kind of miscellaneous stuff?

Jim,

We have all the little goodies. Call if you need them.

I should point out a couple things;

You don't need the rubber pull tabs to go diving. If you loose one, or break one the rig is not impaired. You just need to be a bit more careful lining up the wing, tank and plate.

I would suggest that frequent removal of either the corrigated hose, or OPV is unnecessary, and increased the chances of misplacing pieces, cross threading the parts, or leaks due to problems during reassembly.

I recommend against removing the hose or OPV when cleaning the gear. Just fill the wing with fresh water via the oral inflate, and dump it out the OPV by pulling the string.

Tobin

hunter991:
If I understand what you are talking about by buttons they are called sex bolts. I have them in stainless and plastic, the stainless is much more durable. The metal ones are 8.50 each and the plastic ones are 1.10 . I can also get you the washer, just need to know which wing you have. I am working on a new web page that will have all this stuff listed on thereas I have time to add it. My old page doesn't have any of the new product lines.

Adding these to your save a dive kit is a great idea. You may even want to add a spare LP inflator so if yours gives you a problem you can just switch it out. That should keep you going with most BC problems. My save a dive kit has grown to almost the size of my dive kit.

Let me know if I can help you out with any of this.
Brent

Brent,

Our gear assembles a little differently than most. Our wings are not bolted to the backplates. We want to encourage people to seperate their wing from their plate for transport, cleanup and storage.

The parts in question are proprietary.

Tobin

For the most part inflators are pretty easy to install.

Brent

Tobin, Ok sorry about that. Didn't realize this was a question about your system in particular, just read it as a general question. My fault.

Brent

cool_hardware52:
Jim,

We have all the little goodies. Call if you need them.

I should point out a couple things;

You don't need the rubber pull tabs to go diving. If you loose one, or break one the rig is not impaired. You just need to be a bit more careful lining up the wing, tank and plate.

That's good to know. So in a pinch the pressure of the wing pinched between the plate and tank will keep it in position?

cool_hardware52:
I would suggest that frequent removal of either the corrigated hose, or OPV is unnecessary, and increased the chances of misplacing pieces, cross threading the parts, or leaks due to problems during reassembly.

I recommend against removing the hose or OPV when cleaning the gear. Just fill the wing with fresh water via the oral inflate, and dump it out the OPV by pulling the string.

Tobin

That's exactly what I do. Thanks.

Divin'Hoosier:
That's good to know. So in a pinch the pressure of the wing pinched between the plate and tank will keep it in position?

Absolutely. The rubber locators are just an alignment aid. Next time you build up your rig try to move the wing after you cam down the tank. Won't budge.

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom