Spearfishing Specialties Spearfishing Seminar - Sat. March 28th!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScottZeagle

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey y'all...I am throwing this up for Kevin. I have been to his seminars before and highly reccomend them for all lavels of spearfishermen (and women).

His special guest speakers will be Sheri Daye and Dan McMahon, which alone is worth the price of admission! I will be there as well, so say hello if you can make it out!!!

Begin cut and paste here:

The first "all day" spearfishing seminar I will be doing in 2009 will be at Bill Jackson's "Shop For Adventure" in Pinellas Park, Florida. Bill Jacksons is one of my favorite seminar locations and the turnout is usually very strong. We had about 65 shooters at our last seminar there. The details are as follows:

Date: Saturday March 28th 2009
Time: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Fee: $35.00 for adults & $20.00 for kids 16 and under
Food: Lunch and beverages are included
Raffle: Yes (prizes to be announced)

Phone: 727-576-4169 to register (ask for the dive department)

Address: Bill Jacksons Shop for Adventure
9501 US Hwy. 19 North
Pinellas Park, Fl 33782

Hotel info: The hotel right next door (south) of Bill Jackson's is a Howard Johnsons. The phone is: 727-577-3838.
The address is: 9359 US Highway 19 North Pinellas Park, Florida 33782

I will be covering all aspects of spearfishing from beginner to advanced. Some of the topics I will cover are: selecting the proper speargun, how to use it, how not to use it, how to take care of it, proper banding, shaft selection, tip options, stalking techniques, body language, proper shot distances, realistic ranges of a speargun, shot selection, optimizing shot angles, freeshafting, lineshafting, line types, advantages and disadvantages of just about everything involving spearfishing.

This is a large facility so we can easily handle up to 100 shooters. However, it really helps to sign up early so they can plan the food and beverages.

PS, as many of you may have heard, we are in the process of tooling up to produce our new "Ocean Rhino" speargun. If we get it finished and get the patents filed, the folks who come to this seminar will be the first to get a look at our new speargun.

I am still trying to line up my guest speaker for this seminar. I'll post the info as soon as we have confirmation.

Looking forward to meeting everyone,

Shoot Em' Up,

Kevin

Thanks Scott.

I for one did one of his seminars and thought it was great! Especially the stalking techniques - a lot of which translated easily from my stalking for photos. My first shot EVER after the seminar was a 24lb black grouper, third was a 22lb yellow tail grouper, and the fourth was a pretty nice sized hog... Not too shabby if I do say so myself :crafty:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom