Specific hose routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thought it may be something like that, I often use my right hand to operate the inflator but that won’t work for letting air out, have you considered a longer hose to move the inflator lower and using a pull dump?
I have considered this indeed. However the solution offered by DareToDive (based on the concept mentioned by @divad here above) will also allow me to have the butt dump on the right side!

Your hose routing idea should work, unfortunately it may need a few tweaks to get it right for you.
Yeah, for the hose routing I highly doubt that I can pull it off first try! But it’s good to hear that the concept isn’t crooked from the start and anyway I feel like anybody in here who’s trying to fine tune his/her rig has to do some tweaking so I don’t complain. I already feel extremely lucky to get the opportunity to dive and to be able to afford those adaptations!
Could just reverse the wing so that the inflator-hose and dump are on the right side? You can adjust the inflator-hose angle @ the elbow.

Yes @divad, this is the base concept with minor tweaks like change the corrugated hose elbow to make it fit better and protect it from “over-pulling” with a piece of webbing over the elbow itself.

Once again thank you to people who answered! Really nice of you!

I am still open to suggestions but thanks to you I feel like have a solid starting point!

@axluba seriously consider cross clipping the SPG/console to your right shoulder. If you get it adjusted properly you should be able to read it without unclipping which is ideal
You mean that it would go from one of the left ports, over my left shoulder across my chest and clipped to my right shoulders?
Edit: (I’m not questioning the concept, just making sure I understand right)

You mean that it would go from one of the left ports, over my left shoulder across my chest and clipped to my right shoulders?
Edit: (I’m not questioning the concept, just making sure I understand right)

out the left HP port, then UNDER the left arm pit, and up to the right shoulder d-ring.
We teach our students to route their regs like that. We teach with consoles instead of computers for pool sessions, and this is by far the best way to manage a console. Has the advantage of also being largely ambidextrous and you can read it without unclipping it

Mmm very interesting! I’ll definitely give it a try!

I am not sure if this has been suggested.
Turn the wing the other way so the corrugated hose and dump valve are on your right side.

Sorry for the repeat if that is the case.

What I do with my SPG is clip it off on a left side D-ring so I can just look down and read it. I’ve found it to be a good solution when my hands are tied up with other things.

Bob

I am not sure if this has been suggested.
Turn the wing the other way so the corrugated hose and dump valve are on your right side.

Sorry for the repeat if that is the case.

It has been discussed, here and on the topic I wrote about bcd questions. It is the base concept of my solution and the reason why I am asking about hose routing compatible with this configuration. However I always appreciate an input and have several people talking about this option comfort me in the decision so thank you! The truck was to find a wing in a decent budget that was compatible with being flipped and that I could optimize for this. (Daretodive helped me with this)

What I do with my SPG is clip it off on a left side D-ring so I can just look down and read it. I’ve found it to be a good solution when my hands are tied up with other things.

That is my original thought. However I’m definitely going to try the option given by @tbone1004 .

From my experience of being disabled, very often I think I know the best option but when I actually try things I sometimes find out that I was wrong.

Just like all of us, we don't know what we don't know.
Good luck with it all mate, have fun and safe diving :thumb:
Thank you!

Ok I just need to let something out because it’s really bugging me. You can all ignore that but I think it’ll be cathartic to tell it out loud!

I got a great deal on the sp reg I grabbed and I’m very happy with that however I learned on Poseidon regs (cyklon) and there was a huge discount that I didn’t take! I was reasonable and part of me regrets it... the full set of cyklon (1st,2nd,safe2nd,hose,spg,bag) was for 480€ new!! And 516€ for the xstream!!! I know the SP is better for my hose routing needs and was 150€ cheaper.. but now I can’t get over that price for the Poseidon regs... I feel so stupid

Here! It’s said! I feel better now!

Safe diving everybody!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom