Spectacular MK20 leak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

p_kos

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So...bought a used MK20, put it on a full tank, turned it on and immediate high pressure hissing ensued. Air coming out of ambient ports which I guess is the HP piston stem oring failing but also a jet of air coming from under the rubber end cap (out of a tiny hole in middle of hex fitting). Never seen that before, could the HP seat be so mangled that the air gets around it in the retainer and out of the hole (which I presume is used to push the seat out of retainer during servicing)?

hp seat and or the piston knife edge is mangled

There’s air pissing out of the hole in the picture
upload_2019-12-26_20-48-24.jpeg

It needs to be serviced, once opened up you can see what the problems are, o-ring missing one the seat or just worn out/broken, maybe someone used the wrong o-rings, really doesn’t matter since a proper rebuild will fix it.

It needs to be serviced, once opened up you can see what the problems are, o-ring missing one the seat or just worn out/broken, maybe someone used the wrong o-rings, really doesn’t matter since a proper rebuild will fix it.
It will definitely get serviced. I was just curious if anyone has seen a leak from the top of this reg before.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom