Speeding muscle recovery time?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been an athlete and a lifter longer than ive been a diver. ive stayed clear of supplements like creatine and expensive shakes that put alot of unneeded chemicals into your body. the best and simplest remedy is water and stretching. alot of both. stretch before a workout, after your workout, before bed and even in a hot shower. be careful with expensive supplements because more times than not your not getting what you need or too much of what you dont need. the best way to see if your getting enough protein is by using a PH test strip that can be found at vitamin shops or online.

I have been taking the following supplements: Dark Rage as my pre-workout supp and Dark Matter as my post workout supp. The energy to sustain such an intense workout that I get from the Dark Rage is nothing short of phenomenal! I can thank the Dark Matter for no (minimal if any) soreness during recovery time. You'll quickly find the worst thing about each is taste (Dark Rage) and texture (Dark Matter) but both are tolerable. Do some research and you'll find several reviews on both. I am convinced they have both had a very profound effect on my pre and post workout periods!

I just started taking Dark Matter about a month ago, and it is AWESOME!! After an intense work-out with free weights I'll be recovered within a couple of hours. I can now do two heavy work outs per day 7 days a week on this stuff....although I don't b/c I need my down time....but Dark Matter is really worth the money...I just hope there are no side effects from taking this stuff.

Stanw,

I am a runner. I am not sure if you are doing any running at all. I started about 3 years ago and slowly built to up to 70 miles per week. I found that it is better just to take it a little easy and not too push too hard. If you are having a hard time recovering take a day off. As a runner, my legs are always a little sore, even when I am fully recovered. I drink chocolate milk after a run, it has the 4 to 1 carb to protein ratio that is supposed to help recovery.

Although I am logging a lot of miles, if I feel too tired I take a day off.

Good luck!!
Blake

I don't read enough of Robb Wolf's stuff even though I have him in my bookmarks.

Last year when I was cycling a lot, the 4:1 carb/protein ratio worked well when I was dealing more with "energy" recovery... but since I started CrossFit-style and barbell workouts in January, I recover better with Zone-type proportions, biased more toward the protein and fat percentages (but I wouldn't call them lo-carb). This seems to help me more with recovery from muscle soreness.

I keep tweaking and experimenting. Right now I'm not doing as many met-cons and am spending 3 days or so per week working on Olympic lifting technique. My energy needs will probably change once I move back to following the CF Mainsite WODs again... I'm guessing I'll up the carb % a bit... but I'm guessing.... but I'm having fun playing with it. The good news is that I'm not sitting on the couch! :)

i train in the gym about 5 days a week and eat 5to6 times a day. if i don't eat enough i get very tired. protein straight after the work out and don't forget to drink loads of water. if they are a tough workout it is natural to feel tired after but a light walk will help with the lactic acid(not so stiff) and wake you up a bit.
that's what works for me.

Im alittle late on this, but I will have alittle lesss than 1000 calories a day if I am trying to lose weight (only eat 3 times a day, 300 cals each) works extremely well with 45 minutes of cardio 5 times a week. A Myoplex after resistance training I will usually add. I am 16 though, so what works for me, might not for you, just my 2 cents... (Healthy Choice Asian dinners are amazing!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom