Spiegel Grove Complete Deck Plans (Attached)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I may have it someplace. It's a huge file. i will look for it.....
Thanks!

This site has some various deck plans. The Hornet (CV-12) was the same class and has a couple of low-res available. They have the flight deck down but not the island. These are not dated plans so I assume it was pre-modernization. Same statement applies with all deck plans that you can obtain. I would also love to see better Oriskany plans!

Booklet of General Plans

The CD was of scans from the National Archives (same as the Grove plans), and were labeled as being updated through sometime in the mid-70s. (I'm thinking 74, shortly before her retirement) So, if those plans can resurface, they should be very accurate and very high quality. Anything before the '57-59 redesign would sadly be worthless for belowdecks nav as the changes were massive.

Hey all,

Hope you're doing well.

I recently found myself searching for the deck plans of the Spiegel Grove and noticed they were pretty hard to find.

In order to make it easier for others, I have compiled the deck plans in their entirety and have uploaded to Dropbox available to anyone.

DropBox SG Deck Plans

The files are large, about 500 megs in total, so either start the download and find something else to do for a while or download what section(s)you want.

Hopefully this will make others' search a little easier.

Remember, deck plans are no replacement for careful planning and first hand knowledge of the wreck don't attempt an advanced penetration if you are not well prepared, or you''ll learn this the hard way.

Three experienced divers die inside Spiegel Grove

Happy & Safe diving to all,
Max

Thank you very much, been looking for these plans for a while without any luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom