Spiegel Grove??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubalifer:
Ok, you went to that depth in those conditions after twenty-five dives over a six year period? This is a statistic waiting to happen. I am glad you are ok but it is true that a disaster can be traced back to several small things that get overlooked. I also think who ever is training you should have made you go progressively deep and get in many more dives before taking you into that condition. But you are an adult and are responsible for yourself. I just don’t think there is any way possible to have your basic skills in place with an average of four dives a year. I would either say get busy diving or pick another hobby. IMHO.

The thread has not had a response in well over 7 months, and the point was BEAT to death bofore it finally had died a long overdue death!

The original Author of the thread has NOT been back on SB in 2006, so don't count on much response from him IF he is even still diving.....

PLEASE let it die once again! :mooner:

RonFrank:
The thread has not had a response in well over 7 months, and the point was BEAT to death bofore it finally had died a long overdue death!

The original Author of the thread has NOT been back on SB in 2006, so don't count on much response from him IF he is even still diving.....

PLEASE let it die once again! :mooner:

wow, time flies... i remember this thread like it was just yesterday...

I am sorry about your event, its truly sick that your instructors during a class didn't notice.
I recently went through a PADI course and realized that he was in no way qualified to teach, and when I contacted PADI about it, they responded by saying that my concerns were unfounded. Just tells me its time to switch to NAUI, TDI, or SSI and give up and PADI.

I don't honestly know how many dives I have in the last 8 years, but most of them where in ~1-2 feet vis (I think about 300, Navy Diver), in all that time I have only lost my buddy once, and we both realized it and started searching, we both surfaced within about 15 seconds of each other about 5 feet apart.

I would agree with previous comments, go back to air in the shallows and get lots of dives with a buddy that knows what happened and practice drills while you are down. Practicing free flowing regs, free flowing inflators, out of air. You and you buddy should talk about this before the dive. Be ready for them and start them without telling your buddy. Both of you will become better and more aware divers with practice, of course be safe while you do it. One that I like, is switching to my OCTO and seeing how long it takes for my buddy to notice and question why?? Of course remember the first rule of diving, ANY FAULT IN THE DIVE results in bailing out on the dive and fixing it. Too many people rationalize reasons to keep diving.

BE SAFE and enjoy the world under the waves

lamont:
I just bought a pony bottle and an Air-2 from Leisurepro, I'll be diving them solo to 180 feet on air, how do I rig them so they're DIR?

Drizzle a bit of purple Koolaid over it while singing the DIR chant! No I don't know the chant, nor do I have purple stained teeth.

:cool:

Back
Top Bottom