Split a Sea of Cortez Liveaboard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LimitedSlip7

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey LimitedSlip7,

Did you get this trip organized? The dates don't work for me, but something in October or November would.

Mike.

Hey LimitedSlip7,

Did you get this trip organized? The dates don't work for me, but something in October or November would.

Mike.

Nah I couldn't find anyone to split it with. I couldn't change the week we had off, our trip had to be on those dates.

Sorry....wish I could but we're heading to Palau 3 weeks later and have a trip to San Carlos next week....my wallet is all traveled out at the moment. Having said that...I miss having the El Duque in San Carlos....that was some good times, sleeping on the deck with the stars above.

Nah I couldn't find anyone to split it with. I couldn't change the week we had off, our trip had to be on those dates.
Valentina has space that week out of LaPaz. I read somewhere they did a major refit recently.
But it's $2590pp.
Valentina Liveaboard

Not really, Valentina is a much nicer boat. I believe most of their cabins are ensuite now.

I've seen El Duque in person near San Carlos, it's nowhere near as nice. I believe sleeping under the stars on El Duque although they list it as a "feature" is not optional as there's no roof over at least part of the sleeping area.

Really, you get what you pay for.

Even nicer is the Nautilus Belle Amie but it;s double your budget and booked the week you mentioned. Nautilus Belle Amie - Nautilus Liveaboards

I had read quickly that El Duque had two cabins and a bathroom in each, thinking these were private en-suite cabins. Looking at the photos, it is more like two sections with dorm style bedding.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom