Spool Line Wrapping Pics And Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dumpsterDiver

Banned
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Not too long ago there were a few posts about a way to secure a spool, with a double ender so there was no way for it to unravel. I can't seem to find that thread- i should have bookmarked it.
anyone have it?

If I'm carrying only a couple, I rig them like this:

upload_2016-3-18_17-33-23.png

This video is a little shorter and to the point. He shows how to do it with gloves also. I like the extra knot in the line so that you can grab the line easier. I have been following it with mine.

thanks!

This video is a little shorter and to the point. He shows how to do it with gloves also. I like the extra knot in the line so that you can grab the line easier. I have been following it with mine.
What kind of gloves are those?

Yes. They are motorcycle gloves. The diver who made the video is a cave diver who lives in Mexico. He said that he doesn't have 7mm gloves so he was using the motorcycle gloves as an example.

Where I do a lot of my diving I have to wear 7 mm gloves and can deploy and secure the spool. He doesn't know what he's missing :)

Over the years I've found that's the best way to rig a spool.

Great info. Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom