Sporasub Mystic and Omer Alien masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

havnmonkey

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
There's always people asking about masks... so here's a mini-review for those in search of knowledge.

Omersub Alien...

The Bad: I've heard issues of fogging and leaking. This mask fogged horribly my first dive with it, after a second and third scrubbing with Arm&Hammer toothpaste the fogging went away. The very soft silicone skirt doesn't do well (for me) with whiskers, I hate shaving and often just use a bare trimmer leaving me with the equivalent of a 4 o'clock shadow. I would get a bit of leakage below the nose pocket.

the Good It feels very well built and is easily --and securely-- adjusted. The low volume is easy to clear. Pretty good field of view. Well priced at my LDS for $45 US. Fits medium width and long faces.

Sporasub Mystic....

the Bad nothing really yet... tends to ride up on my face during freediving, probably caused by ascending and descending repeatedly. The strap clasp is well built, but tends to slip more than the Omer.

the Good Even lower volume than my Alien! tolerates 4 o'clock shadow very well. The silicone skirt is a matte black that may resist staining/discoloration more than a gloss black skirt. A narrower fit than the Alien. No fogging after two scrubs with toothpaste a day before the first dive. I feel the field of view is quite good, so far my favorite mask.

Either they are making better masks, or I get better at choosing which one to buy... cuz everytime I buy a new mask, it's better than the previous one!!!

Back
Top Bottom