Sport hd 2 built in red filter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spediver1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey guys new to creating a thread so hope I'm doing it right... My question is on the new sport hd2 it has a built in red filter so do I need to purchase the red filter adapter or will that one do just as good at putting back in color?And if I purchase the extra add on would I use both at the same time or would that be overkill?

Thanks I leave for the keys in two weeks and was wondering if it would be a better first investment to buy the filter or the intova iflwa zoom light

---------- Post added March 8th, 2014 at 10:21 PM ----------

Wow can't believe nobody has an answer for this. Interesting

If I read your post properly then you have an Intova SP HD II with the built in red lens. So if it is built in then why do you need an extrenal red filter? Befor you buy the lights you might want to give BigBlue a look at.

I was wondering if it would be of the same quality/effectivness as the detachable one don't know why it wouldn't just figured someone used it by now and would have an opinion on it not to mention I read that you usually don't put a filter on until 15-20ft so fumbling around with the settings under water might be a pain in the butt also whats this bigblue you speak of

---------- Post added March 9th, 2014 at 11:05 PM ----------

I emailed the intova tech rep and they got back to me and said that the internal filter and the external filter will give different results some people use one or the other or both but not at the same time because it would be to red I don't know what the different results would be I thought a red filter is a red filter I guess I'll just have to try the internal filter and if I don't like the results get the other one

Last edited:
If you haven't left yet, buy the external one. I'm in Roatan, and find the internal red filter has pretty much no affect. I don't even find it useful it 10ft of water that has 80ft+ vis.

I find myself wishing I had bought the external before my current trip.

Other than the failure of this feature, I find the rest of the camera to be quite nice.

Back
Top Bottom