Spring dive at Gilboa?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheHobster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Is a GLWC dive planned this year? Can't find a date here, or is it on FB group?

I think there is a date for the M&G.
I can check and see that you get the info.

CamG

---------- Post added March 6th, 2014 at 07:21 PM ----------

May 2-4th for the GLWC Meet and Greet!
Come on and dive with us share some camp fire stories.
I am hoping for the ice to clear soon.

CamG

Thanks. Was thinking about the Pensacola Lionfish Derby that weekend, but my niece and nephew can't make it. That may be possible, unless I do Haigh the weekend before. I have to be careful with my kitchen passes :)

May 2-4th for the GLWC Meet and Greet!

i know this likely sounds like a stupid southern tip of the region question, but what are shallow temps at gilboa around that time? we've only acquired 5mm wet + hoods (not having jumped to dry.. yet), but if its tolerable up on the shelf, might make a trip up that early.

i know this likely sounds like a stupid southern tip of the region question, but what are shallow temps at gilboa around that time? we've only acquired 5mm wet + hoods (not having jumped to dry.. yet), but if its tolerable up on the shelf, might make a trip up that early.
I think that would depend on your tolerance to cold. One other thing to keep in mind is that this is a particularly long and brutal winter, so shallow temps will be delayed in warming (assuming it gets warmer between now and may).

Looks like weekend of 3 May. Given the late spring and cold winter, I expect the shallows (~30ft) to be maybe 40 degrees. Tubes maybe 38. Doable in a good fitting 2 piece 7 mm suit.

Ken

Is a GLWC dive planned this year? Can't find a date here, or is it on FB group?

The temps this season are going to be cooler but the result will be better vis!
I am hoping for 40º-45º as Ken has mentioned the Tubes 60'+ going to be looking at the 34º-38º range.
The M&G usually have fire going to help keep everyone warm and happy a pot or two of coffee.
Come out and see what's up.

CamG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom