Spring Mill Pond

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boat sju

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We're going to dive SMP next weekend, just for something to do to shake a little rust off. I'd like to dive my dry suit. Did any of you dive it this weekend? Is there a thermocline or is it warm to the bottom?

Going there on the 14th, but what I was told last week was that there is no thermocline and the vis is low due to an Algea bloom. All the inland lakes right now have crappy vis.

I dive there quite often. The surface to about 22ish feet is around 77 degrees. There is a slight thermocline you will feel at that point to bottom at about 65 degrees. Overall pretty warm though.

Vis has been pretty low. At times it will go up to maybe 15 feet at its absolute best but don't expect that. At its worst when it's been a busy beach day it can actually get as low as <5 feet

Hmm. 65 at the bottom is going to be tough. Maybe I won't cook with sweatpants and just my underarmour shirt. Sounds like I better leave the hood at home too. Better drop some weight. Thanks guys.

boat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom