Spring Straps Too Tight (Deep 6 Eddys)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good point. Don't really think they can exchange it as I bought them 2nd hand, but will try! Thank you! (Apt username too btw!)

I bought some longer Highland straps for my Jet fins, work a treat, straight from eBay. 30" if I recall, standard was 24".

I found some old Tusa spring straps in a box long forgotten so cleaned them up and put them on my Power Planas. I put on Hollis pull tabs as I've found them to be very robust and easy to use in dry gloves. The mares XR springs kept popping off the post, irritated the sh-t out of me.

B292D08D-7E44-4075-90E4-72E62304A54D.jpeg
15B0274C-E937-408B-A459-095DA467C560.jpeg

And I was bored...

Hi guys,

Just wondering if there might be suggestions and solutions out there to help with my predicament.

L Deep 6 Eddy on long, slim foot. Fits well width wise but the straps squeeze my foot uncomfortably hard even at the loosest screw setting. I'm not aware of lengthier spring straps that are compatible with the mounting style of the Eddys so I'm not even sure buying a replacement would work. I've removed the orange thumb pull things for a few more millimetres but they're still tight.

Spacers? DIY bungee straps?

Thanks for your input!

Made my 1st set of spring straps, bought the spring itself from McMaster-Carr, looks like they come in 20" lengths which was enough for me to make a pair (small feet), even if you had to buy 2 springs still not to pricey

i had the same problem when i switched converse chuck taylors for diving. I added a couple of s-hooks to the ends of the springs and now its just butter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom