Spring Straps, Why are they DIR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubakat thanks for the info, could you help me further please? Could you tell me whether you have the 10 or 12 inch spring straps and what size feet you have(US size or UK??). I ask because im about to order some from h20adventuregear.com but arnt sure which length to buy. Cheers.

For BetterLateThanNever - Be patient it takes the page a while to open, unless that is you are on broadband.
http://www.cyber-strategy.org/pers/FinStraps.html

Frog,

I have XL jets with 12 inch spring straps - my shoes are US 11 1/2 and UK should be 43 if I'm not completely off my rocker - the spring straps you will get are the same as what we use...

Kate has L jets - but I don't know about the shoe size or spring straps...

Cheers,
Dane

I'm waiting for an answer on the size of the spring straps, but my feet are european size 38 & US women's size 8, men's size 5 (or so). I am currently using booties, but they will work for me with small drysuit boots too.

-kate

I wear Med Harveys wetsuit booties (the kind with the thick tread. I'm a size 8 men's shoe (US). I took a chance and got the 10 inch size springstraps. They fit perfectly. The first time in my life I haven't experienced foot cramps! My Jet Fins are extra large. If and when I go over to drysuit boots I may need the 12 inch straps, but I'm only guessing. Hope this gives you an idea of what you'll need.

----Ray

Hey Frog,

Thanks for the info. They look really interesting. I wonder if they will make them to order?

It's a major event around our house if I get a picture hung without injuring myself or the wall. :)

No problem BLTN. UK shoe sizes are simerlar to the US, size 8 US is UK size 7 and a half. I just looked at my boots i bought in Florida :---) I doubt they (h2oadventuregear.com) will make them to order i think its a case of getting your tool kit out. Dont forget the stand bye first aid kit though BLTN :)

I have size 8 UK so perhaps i should go for the 10" ones. Although i just read that someone from another diving news group uses 12 inch straps with his size 8 feet.

Ray - So you dont find that the 10" straps are too tight? and may i ask, did you buy yours from http://www.h2oadventuregear.com ? How thick are your booties - 3,5, or 7 mm.

I have to make sure i buy the right size since they are charging me about 40 dollars for postage :(

Frog,

I believe my boots are 5 mils. Can't swear to it though as there is no thickness indicated on the boot, but they're pretty thick. I rent a wet suit when I need one so I can't tell by feel. I thought they were gonna be to small when I first got them, but after 2 hours in a pool and some heavy finning action they were fine. I like my straps tight but not uncomfortably snug so it may be a personal preference. Also get ready for a lot of cursing and throwing of tools at dangerous velocities about your garge/workshop/home, cause these babies ain't easy to get on. At least for me they weren't! But it's worth it in the end.

-----Ray

Oh, and I did get them through H2oadventuregear.

------Ray

BetterLateThanNever,

I have a pair for sale, size large. Strictly use my Jets now. If you are interested e-mail me.

ID....Soon won't need fins, as toes are starting to web.

...Laughing my ass off at "Also get ready for a lot of cursing and throwing of tools at dangerous velocities about your garge/workshop/home, cause these babies ain't easy to get on"

LOL!!!!

Thanks for the info Ray :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom