Spring straps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I never dive (wet) without: tall boots & scuba socks. The thickness of those varies by season & water temp, of course. Warm water is lycra socks and 3mm boots, while in cooler water I have 2mm socks and 5mm boots.

When doing multiple dive days, the socks really keep your feet from getting rubbed raw.

I don't own fins without spring straps, and wouldn't have it any other way.

The only scenario I can think of is doing free diving and snorkeling, where I use some superlong fins with rubber shoe fitting - no lashes. But this has not really sth to do with diving.

Kind regards
Alexander

I switched to spring straps about 8 years ago and have never looked back. They are so much easier to put on and take off. However, I'm not sure they will cure your specific problem. Let it heal. When I used closed heel fins at Jean-Michel Cousteau's Fiji resort they cut my ankles and I had a substantial bacyterial infection from it. Not the fault of the dive op, I was too lazy to bring my own fins. Good thing I travel with Cipro... it cured it in days.

ciprofloxazine works wonders, also for outer ear infection.

Kind regards
Alexander

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom