Spyderco Caspian Salt mini-review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry for the delay. So far I haven't had any problems with the fingerhole wearing gloves. I use 5mm semidry gloves and there is adequate room. I'm a size 11 ring so not huge fingers but not small either.

fnfalman,

How / where are clipping your Spyderco folder? I just got their Salt I and don't want to lose it. I'm thinking about maybe a lanyard...?
DS

fnfalman,

How / where are clipping your Spyderco folder? I just got their Salt I and don't want to lose it. I'm thinking about maybe a lanyard...?
DS

I have a utility pouch on my waist belt that I keep the Spyderco in. And yes, I also lanyard/bolt snap it to my waist D-ring as well. The clip may work well on land in your pant's pocket, but it ain't gonna keep the knife secured underwater.

Or you can get a small nylon belt pouch and put it on your waist belt and keep the knife in there then run a lanyard/bolt snap to a D-ring.

I dive an Atlantic Salt, I clip mine to the inside of my medical shears pouch. No rust not ever. Love the H1 steel.

834ebd85-f889-4fbc-a76b-ebfcf2acd269.jpg

I dive an Atlantic Salt, I clip mine to the inside of my medical shears pouch. No rust not ever. Love the H1 steel.
I don't want to hear a bunch of people rushing and talk about how they see rust on H1 steel blade by prefacing that yes, you will see rust on the blade. However, it ain't the blade's steel that's rusting but the carbon steel residue from the engraving tip that engraves the "H1" onto the blade.

I don't want to hear a bunch of people rushing and talk about how they see rust on H1 steel blade by prefacing that yes, you will see rust on the blade. However, it ain't the blade's steel that's rusting but the carbon steel residue from the engraving tip that engraves the "H1" onto the blade.

Very true.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom