Ss or ti ------ knife

SS OR TI KNIFE

• COMPARE

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't buy any knife where the purchace price might cloud your judgement to retrieve it should it drop.

Bob
--------------------------------
I may be old, but I’m not dead yet.

I like SS , not to pricey so I dont think twice when prying scallops lose or moving a few things, it wont kill me to lose it, & comes in handy for line, kelp, whatever. Keep it away form other metal objects and rust is negligible.Ti might be nice but I got other items to spend on.

Stainless steel is my preference...I don't trust titanium to hold an edge, although that's just prejudice on my part. It's true that you don't need to spend a lot on a dive knife...the shortened steak knife is not a bad solution at all, unless you're a knife fancier like me. Shears or a z-knife cutter are good to have as well as a knife...

Stainless steel or titanium?

The correct answer is, "neither."

Spyderco is now making several knives in its line out out their proprietary H-1 steel. And, while technically H-1 it is a type of stainless steel, it is a material in a world all by itself. Absolutely maintenance free and rustproof, easy to sharpen with ceramic rod sharpeners (you weren't actually using any other kind to sharpen your knives anyway, were you?).

I've had my Atlantic Salt folder on over 100 dives now, and as God is my witness it doesn't even require a fresh water rinsing, although that is recommended by the manufacturer. Put it on a lanyard with a brass or stainless steel snap clip, and clip it onto the D-ring in your BCD pocket and forget about it (until you need it).

Stainless steel or titanium?

The correct answer is, "neither."

Spyderco is now making several knives in its line out out their proprietary H-1 steel. And, while technically H-1 it is a type of stainless steel, it is a material in a world all by itself. Absolutely maintenance free and rustproof, easy to sharpen with ceramic rod sharpeners (you weren't actually using any other kind to sharpen your knives anyway, were you?).

I've had my Atlantic Salt folder on over 100 dives now, and as God is my witness it doesn't even require a fresh water rinsing, although that is recommended by the manufacturer. Put it on a lanyard with a brass or stainless steel snap clip, and clip it onto the D-ring in your BCD pocket and forget about it (until you need it).

Yah, what he says. I have an H1 steel Spyderco knife because I found one. Must have been underwater a month or so. I had to clean the plastic handle of growies more than I did the blade. It is one of the straight blade knives and looks like it was probably a fisherman's dropped over the boat.

Another vote for Spyderco Atlantic Salt folder

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom