SS Papoose, not quite.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverdorr68

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
First wreck dive in North Carolina for me, almost.
I wish I had began to get sea sick before the first dive. Instabuddy failed to follow down the anchor line and instead tried to follow other divers bubbles, lost the battle against the current and away he went and I followed. No biggie, still saw Barracudas, Amber Jacks, and Turtles during our blue water jaunt back to the boat. Shallow viz was very good and these big brawny Atlantic Barracudas were a first for me and did not disappoint. Also first on the turtles even though I have dove in the tropics nearly 200 times, so still a good day.
But, back on the boat rockin and rollin. Some may be embarrassed to say they were seasick. Me, I got sick 4 times. According to the Captain, not taking dramimine was only half the problem. Who knew yogurts and bacon for breakfast are a no-no. Skipped the second dive because it seemed the wise thing to do having emptied my stomach twice by then. On the way back we saw a couple pods of porpoises doing their thing. Even though I missed the wreck, still a good day.
I'm hoping to get back out there later this month, need a good buddy who can follow an anchor line, lol. PM if interested please, my schedule is pretty wide open.

hmm. remember the part in the briefing when they said specifically to hold on to the line & follow it down? maybe it's a good thing you had to thumb the dive - what else would your buddy have forgotten??

i sure hope you get another chance soon. :)

Too bad your instabuddy didn't follow the anchor line....this is what you missed:

[video=youtube;BWppL3SuDGM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWppL3SuDGM&list=UUxu1VDFnTKIDYgpumg-Xc1A&index=8&feature=plcp[/video]

@fpsndiver, Thanks for the video.
Looks like the go-pro is working out well for you.
I actually watched this video the day, or the day after you originally posted it. That's why I was pumped when the Captain said we were heading to the Papoose.
I was hoping to come across that Goliath Grouper, but it wasn't meant to be. Next time.

---------- Post Merged at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:28 PM ----------

hmm. remember the part in the briefing when they said specifically to hold on to the line & follow it down? maybe it's a good thing you had to thumb the dive - what else would your buddy have forgotten??

i sure hope you get another chance soon. :)

I think he just underestimated the strength of the current, though it wasn't all that strong. Live and learn. I do hope to take another crack at it before the month ends. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom