SSI Cert with one agency, further training with another

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jar546

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
If you have a cert card with an SSI shop where your records/folder is kept and you go to another shop for further training, who is responsible for submitting your new certification?

How does that work?

The shop you do the training with will submit the info for the new certification.

All your training info is kept at SSI HQ so any SSI shop can log in to the website and see what certifications you have. The paper folders stay with the issuing dive shops.

The shop you do the training with will submit the info for the new certification.

All your training info is kept at SSI HQ so any SSI shop can log in to the website and see what certifications you have. The paper folders stay with the issuing dive shops.

Thank you. I was assuming this but was wondering if your home shop that certified you had to input since they have your physical folder.

Bappelt is correct the shop that you are taking the class with will submit the undated information to HQ.

Not all the information that was on your folder is tranmitted to HQ. After 5 years the folder would be destroyed if no course where taken at that shop since the last course.

Thank you. I was assuming this but was wondering if your home shop that certified you had to input since they have your physical folder.

When I did my AOW at a different shop, they just started a new folder. When I went for Nitrox with the same folks, they added the info to that folder. My wife also took the Nitrox course, and since it was her first course with SSI or this shop, she had to fill out the stuff for the folder. (Her other training was PADI.) There can be more than one folder.

Back
Top Bottom