ssi closing facilities

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have heard of this for Canada, specifically Halifax.
I've never been in that shop, but have not heard it is closing and still has it's website. Where did you hear this?

as of today i see only 11 ssi shops listed in canada on the ssi locator. no listing for halifax. honestly i think many dealers have felt neglected by ssi and the take over added just enough uncertainty to convince many to jump ship.

I liked SSI. Found their programs to be well structured. I enjoyed teaching with SSI materials a few years ago.

The problem, at least for me (I must clarify that I’m not speaking for anyone other than myself), was that SSI could care less for their instructors.

I don’t need a lot of reassurance from a self-regulating dive organization, but certainly don’t welcome a flagrant lack of understanding of the role and significance instructors have in the formula for success.

If and when they get that right, I will gladly go back. From the O.P. It seems they are now loosing shops. That does not help the cause.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom