SSI Dive Guide / Master advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JM75

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey everyone! I just picked up my physical kit for the Dive Guide course plus the digital kits for Science of Diving and Dive Guide. Any advice for my next step into becoming a pro? I'm a bit worried about the SoD course, I've been told it can be stressful to pass with all the formula and equations involved. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking forward to finally starting a career in diving and being a dive pro!

first off.....congrats on deciding to become an SSI pro.

yes the SOD course can be pretty tough. especially if you are not a person who was great at science and/or physics in school. for me, it was the toughest course by far academically. i probably studied for 2 weeks. during lunch breaks and after work. i just kept re writing all the formulas over and over in order to be able to remember them. but that is not all you need to know. you need to know how to rearrange the formulas to solve for the missing piece. and you need to understand how to apply each formula in the right circumstance.
if you have a good instructor that will work with you and maybe give you examples to practice on then it makes it go a lot smoother.

i shouldn't wish you luck as luck has nothing to do with it. hope you do well !!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom