• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

SSI Instructor Crossover

Discussion in 'SSI: Scuba Schools International' started by Leia Z, May 13, 2019.

1. Leia Z

Leia Z Garibaldi

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Hello All!

I was certified as a SSI Instructor about a year ago where SSI shops were prominent, and moved to North Texas shortly after and suddenly have no opportunities to teach with this cert. Anyone know of a cheap/easy way to cross over to another Instructor Cert? Iā€™d rather not pay another $3k to do the same thing I did last year... Thanks for any advice!

2. rick00001967

rick00001967 Tech Instructor

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    i believe padi makes you take the whole program. you could look into becoming independent through sdi/tdi.

3. oly5050user

oly5050user Dive Travel Professional

# of Dives: 5,000 - āˆž
    What agency is most popular in area you live? Would not make sense to go with an agency that has no job opportunities in your area. Research LDS in your area and find out who will give you chance to teach and go with the agency it uses. I started with NASDS, went with SSI, changed to PADI. Follow the money.

4. decompression

decompression Instructor...seriously...

# of Dives: 5,000 - āˆž
    RainPilot likes this.