SSI Level 2 and up.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The important thing are your instructors and your skill development. I started out SSI and charted my levels then got tired of having to buy the next set/level for my dive log. The levels really don't mean much. Set some skill goals for yourself, find good buddies and instructors to dive with, and dive.

BC I am a DiveCon, and it has always been my understanding that when you get the dives you go up a level. Think playing a video game, after so many experience points you level up. I can check in all of my divepro manuals if you'd like but to the best of my knowledge the specialty courses aren't required to move up in level, just to attain a higher certification, thus if you don't do any specialty courses but log 5,000 dives you are meet part of the requirements for PlatinumPro 5000. When I got my OW cert and get logged 12, then 24 dives my instructor gave me a new sticker indicating more dives, but as stated earlier, you won't receive a new card until you complete specialty courses. Which I highly recommend you doing when you feel comfortable in the water and doing the courses since there are certain dives that you have to have certain certifications before the dive operators will let you do. Hope this helps

Good advice, Alex. But why does your profile say (for number of dives) "None- Not Certified"? ;-)'

Make sure you update the number of dives in your ssi profile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not too many dive centres have the stickers for updating cards in my experience, although that could be a regional thing. Cards are given for all specialty courses, with some free 'sponsored' cards sometimes being given along the way - such as the Specialty Diver card once you hit level 2.

Building up Specialties are required to advance through the levels, and so are increasing dive numbers. Although not in all cases. Requirements for levels 1-10 can be seen on the SSI poster.

SSI Cpurses.jpg

Mick, eventually with the other agencies, you will have to buy another log book, if you want to have a log book. There are other ways to log your dives also.
There are online log books. Link your computer to your laptop. Apps for your smart phone.
I still log in my book, and show my students the same.
So what if you have to buy more pages, or another book.
Remember, local dive shops are in business to make money, just like your employer.

If you have a smart phone or internet, you can download the SSI app and your C card, number of dives and additional certifications are all shown. Kind of a nice way to carry everything when you travel and need to show to a dive shop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom