SSI OW multiple guess exam!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The test should be easy enough and you should do well because you studied and want to make sure you're as safe as possible right? The questions you do get wrong will be discussed with you by your instructor and the correct answer will be given. Relax you'll do fine.

Hey Guys,

I want to thank you all for your help on this. I just hope that I do not get a mental black out and forget all the answers. I willl try to use the same technique on the test that I should do in the water. Pause, Breath, Plan and React. Hopefully I will be fine.

I will let you guys know once I'm done with it.

Thank you
CC

ccameselle,

I didn't comment earlier but now that you seem more confident, I can't resist.

Hopefully, it'll me more of a multiple choice exam :wink:

watch the video at least two times. i'd say that 15% of the questions are answered with material presented in the video. as others have said, so long as you've read the book and are able to answer the study questions at the end of the chapter you'll be okay.

i'm also a horrible test taker, and passed the exam on the first go around (a couple weeks ago).

Everyone is being a cheerleader for you so I thought I would weigh in. The exam is not hard. I give it every week. There is one exam that is given to the instructors to give to their students. Don't work your self into a frenzy. Relax as you should be in diving as hole. Check your fun box as you come in the door and you will be fine.
Diving is a relaxing activity. The information in the exam is just that information to give you the basic knowledge that you went through in class and the pool. The questions are not trick questions. They are strait foreword and helpful to you.

Yes Indeed! Do not stress yourself out about it! The more tense you are about it, the more chance you have to make silly mistakes. Look over the video again, and read over the questions you have answered in the book. When you are there, think about the question that is being asked and then look at the answers you have to chose from. There are a few questions on the body and things like decompression sickness, narcosis, first aid etc. so pay attention to the chapters talking about them. Also, make sure you know how to do the tables. If you have any questions on anything be sure to ask before the test is given out.

It is not as bad as you are making it out to be. If you have to look at it as a review of what you have learned thus far... and not a "test" per say. :>

I took the SSI OW exam about 3 weeks ago. The only problem I found was that 3 people in my class had different tests than I did, so that made for a bit of confusion. . :)

Why would the fact that the others having a different test be confusing,:confused: unless you noticed your neighbors test was different BEFORE you were finished. :joke: Sorry Scuba, that one was just too easy to pass up.

Congrats on getting certified.

My wife and I took the PADI OW exam this past January. My wife scored a 99, I scored a 98. She read one question wrong and I did two questions too quickly and missed the details.

If you know the information, you will do just fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom