SSI OW multiple guess exam!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all,
Thank you all.
You see I read it after 12 years
I am planning to have this exam.
Thanks again

Run through the online materials before you take the written. Its easy. I got one wrong by being dumb and not reading all the answers.

Hey guys,

I just wanted to see if someone here can tell me what to expect in the SSI OW exam? I will be taking the exam in a week from Thursday and I do not know what to expect. I see a lot of people here talk about failing the OW dives but not the written exam. I am horrible at taking test even when I know the material inside and out. I get mental blocks and I will not remember my name. the instructor told us that the test is gonna be at least 50% about tables and I think I got them down pack, but if they start to ask the questions in a weird way then I will be in trouble. Just to clarify I AM NOT:no: looking for the questions and the answers. I just want to know how you guys studied for it and how hard is it to pass.

Thank you
CC
sorry but if you have stress related testing problems like you describe you have no business diving.

I also have not heard of any course failing a written test. the norm is understanding your mistakes after reviewing them with your teacher. Its hard to fail a written test. It is a money driven issue.

teachers do not make money by being known for failing students. he will pass you whether it is deserved or not. that is the business.

Remember the concept of inclusion! The goal of all of the agencies is to include more divers. They WANT you to pass and they will do everything possible, short of risking your life, to include you in the sport.

This is unlike other forms of training (eg. military) where flunking out marginal or unmotivated students is expected and encouraged.

Richard
BTW few military classes fail as you suggest. They have the same funding constraints that other non military classes have. fail a student and it costs perhaps 100k to sign the fail document. few courses are like seals training. I spent too many years having to deal with the administratively passed failures in the name of funding.

Back
Top Bottom