SSI Poseidon MKVI Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KShandkman

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I posted this question in the SSI forum but it got limited traction.

I was looking for opinions of those familiar with CCR rebreather training of what you thought of the specialized training developed by PADI and SSI with regards to specific rebreathers. In this case the Poseidon MKVI. Yes this would be within recreational limits and nothing commercial.Those familiar with the topic, do you feel that the training put out is sufficient enough to use this equipment?

I recently completed a Poseidon MKVI tryout event and was very hooked. The training is going to cost around 500 dollars plus 200 dollars for rental fees to complete the 6 dives. I am not in a position to purchase a unit yet, but would like the opportunity to rent a unit if such capability exists.

Those familiar with the technology and training options, do you feel this is a reasonable solution or should I look elsewhere. Keep in mind, I am located in Kansas City and my local dive shop is offering the training and rentals.

Thanks!

Jason

Cheap prices, comparatively. An SSI shop in my town is pushing that class for exactly twice as much. I didn't do it.

Back
Top Bottom