Ssri

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I have recently had a bout of depression and have been prescibed Citalipram 20mg daily. I am going to Corfu at the end of May and was wondering that if I were to feel confident in myself if I could dive to a maximum depth of 15 or 18m and will this be safe as I am out of the depth range to get Narcosis. I am also on anti hypertensive drugs Losartan and Frusemide and is controlled. I go to a fitness centre quite often. My doctor at the hospital knows that I do scuba diving and is aware of my holiday and has said nothing about not diving. I am also on triple combination therapy for HIV and the drugs i take are

Nevirapine
Lamivudine
Tenofovir.

I have also been told that I am OK to dive by the top UK doctor on these meds but just want you to know the heavy load of drugs that my body is dealing with.
Before going on this SSRI I was fine diving but was never comfortable at depth of more that 20m. Can you tell me if it will be OK to dive in May if I feel confident and in control of myself? I will be grateful for you advice
Alan

Back
Top Bottom