St. Croix Shore Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks for the info everyone- I am now planning a trip as soon as I can get time off.

I personally love the freedom shore diving gives :no boat schedules, independent diving, no seasickness etc, but you really can't beat it for bargains. In bonaire it worked out to $2.80 per dive, and in Hawaii the boat was $85 for a two tanker- but shore diving worked out at $5 a time.

Gotta love the bargain dives!!!

i'd just like to chime in,with what the others were saying. the diving at cane bay is pretty good. you can make a lot of dives before the dive area gets to familiar. from shallow dives before the wall too the wall itself. alittle west of cane bay is north star.that also is a fine site. anyhow check out www.canebayscuba.com . this is the dive shop at cane bay of course.hope you have fun. geo:patriot:

:D
To add my two cents worth about St. Croix diving!!!
We log about a dozen dives a month from the shore at Cane Bay and NEVER get tired of it. Each profile can be different. The wall is awesome. The coral and marine life will not disappoint you.
Great places to grab a bite while you sit out yout interval and do it again.
Come to STX!!!:)

Geez once bubbled...
:D
To add my two cents worth about St. Croix diving!!!
We log about a dozen dives a month from the shore at Cane Bay and NEVER get tired of it. Each profile can be different. The wall is awesome. The coral and marine life will not disappoint you.
Great places to grab a bite while you sit out yout interval and do it again.
Come to STX!!!:)

Geez

Can't wait. Leave for STX on the 25th for 10 glorious days. We are diving with SCUBA but I would also like to do some shore diving as well. Is Cane Bay the best place for shore diving? How far of a swim is it? We can't wait.

hands down. It's not more than a couple hundred yards from the beach out to the surface marker for the descent line they often use for classes. Water is 26' deep there, and slopes down thru some big coral formations and old Danish anchors embedded in the coral to about 80 or 90' at the top of the verticle drop off of the wall. It would be easy to spend a day at the beach and get in 2 or 3 dives and some decent chow. Bring your sunblock!

Geez, let me know when you're comming to STX, nice to see a St Thomian on here.

Darlene

Back
Top Bottom