Trip Report St. Eustatius May 21-June 2, 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was never able to book the ferry because the schedule changes all the time and there's cancellations very frequently. And you can't book online. You have to call for a reservation. Completely unreliable. It's not worth the hassle for a day and a half. You'll spend most of the time traveling. Statia is not a place I'd recommend diving.

The Winair flight is only 16 seats and they may be sold out for November by now. I booked my flight 3 months in advance, and got the last ticket for the time slot I needed.

Statia is not a place I'd recommend diving.

Thanks. I had seen some glowing reviews about Statia in guidebooks, magazines, and forums, but I think one remote island - Saba - is enough. Also, I am more interested in the topography of the dive sites of Saba - Pinnacles and Walls. Wanted to hike to the top of Mt. Scenery on a sunny/less cloudy afternoon too.

If still looking for more diving, could always try St. Maarten - but I think its beaches, food, and towns will be enough.

Thanks. I had seen some glowing reviews about Statia in guidebooks, magazines, and forums, but I think one remote island - Saba - is enough. Also, I am more interested in the topography of the dive sites of Saba - Pinnacles and Walls. Wanted to hike to the top of Mt. Scenery on a sunny/less cloudy afternoon too.

If still looking for more diving, could always try St. Maarten - but I think its beaches, food, and towns will be enough.
A day and a half in Statia wouldn't be worth the effort. The diving is pleasant enough but there's absolutely more than enough in Saba to keep you interested for the entirety of your stay
If you want to see what Statia diving is like without actually going there ask your Saba shop to dive Big Rock Market dive site on Saba, the only place I've seen a tiger shark in non-Bahama Caribbean.

Back
Top Bottom