St. Eustatius (Statia) Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmcgilroy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I think that this little island is my next stop after the travel restriction loosen up. It looks like only 2 dive shops on the island and just about 100 hotel rooms (maybe a private vacation rental would be good if I could find one). I'm also concerned about the Win-Air flight from St Maarten to Statia and dive gear. They list that it's the same as normal airline restrictions but it's hard to believe with the small turbo-prop airplanes they're using.

So, I'd love to hear experiences from folks that have been there.....

Thanks,

Jim

Equalizing has a patron saint? That's awesome.

ever been to Saba ? might be easier to plan and execute. a week on st maarten and a week on saba would be fantastic. a ferry is avail for travel between them if you did not want to fly.

ever been to Saba ? might be easier to plan and execute. a week on st maarten and a week on saba would be fantastic. a ferry is avail for travel between them if you did not want to fly.
I'll look into it...(splitting time between St Maarten was exactly my plan!) Thanks for the tip.

been to st maarten a few times. shoot me a private message if you need any info. certainly not the worlds leading expert but i will help if i can. :)

I've stayed at The Old Gin House, and dived with Scubaqua. Both were great. WinAir was a little painful....schedules and weight limits.

COVID-19 Entry Policy of St. Eustatius - Effective as of February 10th, 2021 suggests you can't really get there right now. That will change, but when?

For what it's worth, our local dive/travel shop, Weaver's (in the biz 40 years) is planning a June trip there. Even if you don't book it, you can see the details of their itinerary here:
http://weaversdive.com/trips/st-eustatius/

The flight to and from Saba is an experience of it's own :D. I had to get on a scale with all my luggage as they needed the exact weight and the deal was that if the plane would be over weight the would do a second trip just for the bags.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom