St Kitts diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SaltyKSue

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ok looks like I will be headed to St. Kitts the end of October 2018 for a week-
I will be staying a Timothy Beach Resort- I have never been to St. Kitts and have no knowledge of the area.
Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations on dive ops? I have my advanced and have over 500 dives -
Also, any suggestions on some fun things to do while I'm not diving? And does anyone know if there are any kind of Halloween things that I could look forward to seeing or participating in?

Kenneth’s Dive Center. I’ve been dealing with them over 20 years.

We dived around St. Kitts from the liveaboard Caribbean Explorer and thought that the diving was very good, although we liked the sea mounts around Saba better - but we had better weather at Saba so that was probably a big factor.

We spent a little time on land touring around St. Kitts and it was a beautiful place. I especially remember visiting some gardens where batik fabrics were being crafted while you watched. It was interesting to see the artistry used to produce the beautiful designs and fabrics and clothing articles were available for sale - expensive but unique and created by hand. It was hot in the gardens and workshop so you might want to go there early in the day, if you have the chance.

During that trip we cruised very near to the neighboring island of Nevis, but we didn't stop. If you have the opportunity to visit Nevis I understand that there is a small museum and other attractions for Alexander Hamilton (the guy on the US $10 bill that died in a duel with the US Vice President!) see the link below. I have become interested in Hamilton ever since seeing an excellent production of "Hamilton: the Musical" and would like to visit his birthplace and home if I ever have the opportunity to do so.

We were there during Halloween and visited St. Martin, St. Kitts, and Saba and I don't remember seeing plans for any Halloween activities, events, or parties on any of those islands. I don't think that it is a big deal in that part of the world. In fact, I remember remarking to my fellow divers on Halloween night "This is the worst costume party that I have ever attended!" (No one was in costume!) and they all looked at me in surprise, they had no idea what I was talking about.

There is a medical school on the island, so if you can find a bar that is popular with the students, you might get some Halloween action there - just an idea.

Have a great trip!

Walk in the Footsteps of Alexander Hamilton on This Tiny Caribbean Island | Travel | Smithsonian

Last edited:
Thanks KathyV~ I appreciate all the info. - I will make sure to take a trip over to Nevis
And to you guys who voted for Kenneth's dive center.... I can't find a website for his operation so no way to find out prices and such. Do either of you know of a website for him or how to find out prices etc? After reading reviews about his dive center I got the impression that he caters to Cruise ship divers. Is that the case? Because I will be staying on St Kitts for a week.

Haven't dove it. Had a cruise ship stop there in February. Enjoyed a bus tour of St. Kitts, including time at the scenic, beautifully planted grounds of Romney Manor. Also enjoyed the guys who, for a fee, will let you get a shot with their monkey (we were warned negotiate BEFORE letting any picture be taken!!!).

TzsP4b7gAwIqR6d8a2-t0YlYsV3oq_Sn_07aZyVZTXoe3u5qFPgqWxpitRADnT20n7RMVMBphGjtRFEKs=w3718-h2478-no.jpg

tpZI-rpVttCtYqZMFYsnkJFs3s7vs2NbRlBUtcwOm6JtpB_DQJTCsFVqTPHJm8-lhh2nnsOlthT0K5sY4=w3718-h2478-no.jpg

uzC62Xtx9ZDzJg06OyFtl7T-SeJ5-2k4Kgwx0k6iux0CxyhkHf68Orj7OJ4vPK5TP94VEBvbcDJuyInyA=w1652-h2478-no.jpg

The monkey in pink is ours; the one in the pirate outfit made for a neat little memory.

Richard.

Thanks KathyV~ I appreciate all the info. - I will make sure to take a trip over to Nevis
And to you guys who voted for Kenneth's dive center.... I can't find a website for his operation so no way to find out prices and such. Do either of you know of a website for him or how to find out prices etc? After reading reviews about his dive center I got the impression that he caters to Cruise ship divers. Is that the case? Because I will be staying on St Kitts for a week.

they have a facebook page:

Kenneth's Dive Center

Back
Top Bottom