St. Lawrence Aug 20 (Sat)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Web Monkey

Omniheurist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Anybody going up to the St. Lawrence Aug 20 (Sat)?

Hunt's boat is full. Anybody know any other shops or boats going out from the US side?

I'd love to pop over to Canada, but I spent over 3 hours trying to get back across the border last week, and don't want to do it again right away. . . .

Thanks!

Terry

Terry,

I know Dwight Elliot is going to the St. Lawrence River this weekend 8/18 thru 8/21 and will be putting his boat out of Clayton. I know for sure he has some openings on Saturday. Not sure about the other days. As for Moe Hunt's Charter I am going up there with some divers on 8/27 and 8/28. I know Moe has some spots open on those days as well.

Jim

Bison:
As for Moe Hunt's Charter I am going up there with some divers on 8/27 and 8/28. I know Moe has some spots open on those days as well.
Bison,

How much for the charter? Do you know which sites you will be going to?

Thanks,
Bill

Bison:
Terry,

I know Dwight Elliot is going to the St. Lawrence River this weekend 8/18 thru 8/21 and will be putting his boat out of Clayton. I know for sure he has some openings on Saturday. Not sure about the other days. As for Moe Hunt's Charter I am going up there with some divers on 8/27 and 8/28. I know Moe has some spots open on those days as well.

Jim

Thanks!

Got an email address or phone #?

Terry

I talked with Dwight Elliot, just now, and he has openings in the afternoon on Saturday and Sunday. American or Canadian wrecks depend upon what the group wants to do. Elliot's business number is (585)-248-0910. Since Dwight is running charters and away from his shop I will PM you his cell phone number.

ibnygator:
Bison,

How much for the charter? Do you know which sites you will be going to?

Thanks,
Bill

Here is a link to Hunt's Dive shop in Clayton, NY. http://www.1000islands.com/dive/dive.htm

I know he tends to charge $65 a diver. He has a two diver minimum. The plan is to do American side wrecks these two days. Tentative plans are for Saturday to do the Keystorm and America or do the Keystorm twice. On Sunday we plan to do the A.E. Vickery twice. We plan to dive the Vickery only if the people on the boat can handle an advanced dive. Remember these are tentative plans and may change the minute we step on the boat.

Jim

Bison:
Here is a link to Hunt's Dive shop in Clayton, NY. http://www.1000islands.com/dive/dive.htm

I know he tends to charge $65 a diver. He has a two diver minimum. The plan is to do American side wrecks these two days. Tentative plans are for Saturday to do the Keystorm and America or do the Keystorm twice. On Sunday we plan to do the A.E. Vickery twice. We plan to dive the Vickery only if the people on the boat can handle an advanced dive. Remember these are tentative plans and may change the minute we step on the boat.

Jim
I called and booked for the Saturday boat. I'm hoping that there might be enough interest in an afternoon charter on Saturday as well. I'm playing it by ear for Sunday, but there was only one slot left, so that's doubtful. As usual, I'm coming by myself, so I'll be hoping to find someone to buddy up with.

Bill

ibnygator:
I called and booked for the Saturday boat. I'm hoping that there might be enough interest in an afternoon charter on Saturday as well. I'm playing it by ear for Sunday, but there was only one slot left, so that's doubtful. As usual, I'm coming by myself, so I'll be hoping to find someone to buddy up with.

Bill

Bill,

I'll see you next weekend. Looks like a good group so far. You should have no problem finding a buddy. As for an afternoon charter I'll have to wait and see what our group wants to do.

Jim

ibnygator:
See you there.

Bill it was nice meeting another SB member out on a dive. Sorry we never got a chance to dive with each other. Had some guys in from out of town to do some diving and my wife decided to join us on the Keystorm dive as well. She only had six dives under her belt and was her first time in the St. Lawrence, so I had to keep a close eye on her. Overall we all had a good time. It was a little crowded during our second dive with several other dive boats mooring up at this site. But it goes to sow you how popular this site can be. Next morning we went out with Hunt's boat to do the Vickery. Current was mild this time and both dives went well. We need to try and meet up in the future :)
Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom