St. Lawrence River temperature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone else depressed that the water temp is going down? Haven't seen over 70 for almost a week now :crying:

Yeah but the visibility is increasing ; ) And if you dive dry you have more than 2 minutes to hit the water before you're in a boiler ; )

Yeah but the visibility is increasing ; ) And if you dive dry you have more than 2 minutes to hit the water before you're in a boiler ; )

I dive wet.... so I am screwed lol. And I haven't noticed the vis increasing at all. Mind you the days I have been in the water have always been after a rain or windstorm, so perhaps not the best conditions to start with.

I guess the only solution is to dive more to see if I can find some better vis :)

I dive wet.... so I am screwed lol. And I haven't noticed the vis increasing at all. Mind you the days I have been in the water have always been after a rain or windstorm, so perhaps not the best conditions to start with.

I guess the only solution is to dive more to see if I can find some better vis :)

Diving more is the solution to many things ; )

But yeah, this w-e it wasn't obvious that we're heading for better vis. I'm starting to think we need more of those zebra mussels. But it usually gets better. The best I've seen personally was in February and I've heard reports of insane vis in Lock 21 in march just after the ice breaks.

There was insane viz on the last january 9 on the lock 21. From one extremity, we could see the other.

There was insane viz on the last january 9 on the lock 21. From one extremity, we could see the other.

That is crazy!!

62 degrees last night at Long Sault.. How much longer do I have to dive? I wimp out in the low 50s

That is crazy!!

62 degrees last night at Long Sault.. How much longer do I have to dive? I wimp out in the low 50s

Should be good at least till the end of october, but you don't wimp out, you get a dry suit ; )

Should be good at least till the end of october, but you don't wimp out, you get a dry suit ; )

Santa (aka daddy dearest) is supposed to bring me one for Christmas if I am good :angel: So glad he got to dive with me here to see why I love the challenge

for those still interested, 59F as of october 9 at Lock 23, very good viz

Brrrr, down to 57 as of Oct 13. Still diving but I am having to cut down to 45 minutes

On a side note, guess who is scoring a used drysuit for 100$ :) Get to try it this weekend to make sure its all good, then goodbye cold water for me!! Except it is pink and purple.....yucky but hopefully dry

Back
Top Bottom